DigitalOcean is a company based in New York, the United States of America, which provides cloud-hosting services. It offers cloud-computing infrastructure for developers around the world. It has virtual servers around the world, which are highly configurable. It has twelve data centers, which are located among seven different countries.
Whenever its comes to Web Hosting – DigitalOcean is Best. You will get $100 Credit when you spend $25 . Personally I use DigitalOcean & its Perfect for anyone.
This company is giving a strong competition to other cloud service providers like Google Compute Engine and Amazon Web Services. Not only that! The services of this company have some high-end features, which are easy to use for developers.
More Hosting Deals For You:
Digital Ocean Coupon – Introduction
This company upon its establishment in the year 2011, noticed that the other service providers of this industry are only focusing on providing services to large corporate organizations. The founders of the company Ben and Moisey Uretsky felt that the individual developers and small scale organizations are not getting the required level of services. Hence, you can conveniently get high quality and standard cloud services. It is not the end! In order to attract consumers, they have launched a start-up accelerator program from the very beginning.
Digital Ocean Data Centers:
The data centers of DigitalOcean are located among 7 countries of the world. It has a total of 12 data centers and it covers almost all the geographic regions.
|NYC1||New York||United States of America|
|NYC2||New York||United States of America|
|NYC3||New York||United States of America|
|SFO1||San Francisco||United States of America|
|SFO2||San Francisco||United States of America|
Products & Services of Digital Ocean:
Here it comes! DigitalOcean provides various types of services to users around the world. It can be classified in the following sections:
1. Computational Services:
DigitalOcean provides customizable configurations for servers. Its performance is fast and accurate which can give you people a great experience.
- Standard droplets: This is for basic usage for simple apps, development and testing, microservices and small databases. It uses shared cores with configurable memory.
- General-purpose droplets: It is the most popular among users. It has vCPUs which are fully dedicated. There are 4GB of memory for each vCPU. It is useful for you people to initiate eCommerce websites and web applications.
- CPU optimized droplets: It is the droplet that is CPU centric. The vCPUs are fully dedicated and there are 2GB of memory for each vCPUs. This is used mainly for video encoding, CI/CD and ML.
- Memory-optimized droplets: This is droplet with the highest capacity. It has 100% dedicated vCPUs. Each vCPUs contain 8GB of memory. It is used for large scale databases and memory clusters.
- Kubernetes: This is useful for microservices-based applications. This Kubernetes service is highly scalable. It gives a good amount of uptime and portability for native cloud applications.
DigitalOcean provides various storage services to its users. These are:
- Spaces object storage: It can store and manage a large amount of data. There is no limit for server storage. The data are managed by using S3 compatible tools.
- Network of content delivery: This service is used to deliver data quickly from the spaces. It has a built-in content delivery network. The network is close to users.
- Volume blocks: This is an additional feature that can be used to make the addition of storage in the computer server whenever needed.
- Local SSD: This is a locally paced service for storage. This uses the latest Solid-state disk to store data. The speed of operation is faster due to the SSD storage.
DigitalOcean provides various networking services to your people. However, it is not only limited to this! It also provides a cloud firewall service to protect applications. It filters out unwanted traffic from the network. The vendor also provides load balancing services to the users to have better scaling of the applications. It offers VPC services to give improved security with a private network. It also provides DNS and floating IP functionality.
It provides ready to use VM platform with MY SQL, Redis, and PostgreSQL databases. It is a useful feature as the user do not require to build and run the database server on their own.
5. Developer tools:
It has support for different developer tools for users. It has user ready APIs, a client library, an open-source CLI (command line interface).
6. Management tools:
It has the functionality to monitor and manage applications. The usage of resources can also be monitored with a built-in monitoring tool. It has a project scheduling feature and also supports to make collaboration with other members.
If you are looking for intellectual cloud services, then it can be appropriate one. Based on that, some of its benefitted factors are mentioned for you:
- It provides great value for the price which is needed to pay.
- It is simple to use and easy to deploy for the developers.
- The server quality is high and service is highly reliable.
- It has an uptime of 99.99% for cloud hosting services. This is much higher than the industry average of 99.94%.
- It has a fast load time around 357 ms.
- It provides a daily backup feature for the users.
- It has a high level of security for resources.
- The process of setting up a server is long.
- There is a lack of some basic features like free domain name and hosting and site migrations, which are provided by other similar service providers.
- There is very limited support for the customers.
- The cPanel is complicated for ordinary users.
Both of these informative details help you to make your decision. Then, what are you waiting for! Go and grab the cloud services.
DigitalOcean has some one-click apps, which can be used by a user in its droplets.
The available apps are:
- Machine learning
- LAMP stack
- Ruby on rails
DigitalOcean has a simple and clean user interface. There are nicely placed buttons and links that give access to all the functionalities. It is cleaner and user-friendly than the interface of other web services like Azure and AWS.
Pricing – New Year Sale
DigitalOcean has an edge over the other service providers in terms of pricing. With $5 a month, It is the most affordable and the pricing structure is simple to understand. There are not any complex calculations needed to determine the usage. Users can get started with a price as low as $5.
DigitalOcean is growing fast as a cloud service provider and it is in this position due to its reliability and price to performance ratio. It is hard to use for beginners with not much knowledge of Linux. There is a need for improvement in this aspect. With some minor improvements, this US-based vendor can challenge for the number one spot soon.